rough draft i guess

i knew a boy once and we became friends
then one day he told me he really liked me
but he couldn't read me
and he wanted to know if i felt the same
i didn't.

so for a while we acted like nothing had happened
i guess he decided that he couldn't stand it
because he grew distant and he wouldn't see me
and eventually we just stopped talking
and that's how i lost a friend

i knew a boy once and we became friends
then one day he confessed that he was in love with me
that it was for real, and that he was sorry
because he knew that i wouldn't feel the same
and i didn't.

so for a long time we acted like nothing had happened
then he moved on and he got a girlfriend
then he grew distant and then he ignored me
and still to this day i think that it's crappy
that i had to lose a friend

i knew a boy once and we became friends
i thought he might like me because i liked him
but in the end i guess he didn't.

you see, i barely saw him but we kept in touch
but really that wasn't nearly enough
he was too sweet to me, he was a tease
and one time i gave him a letter and said
all of the things in my heart and the things in my head
and after that, i never heard from him again
and that's a really shitty way to lose a friend

i knew a boy once and we became friends
and he liked me, and i liked him
then before i knew it, i was his girlfriend

so for a long time we were together
and he kind of scared me with his talk of "forever"
we didn't really have too much in common
and i wasn't really too sure why i liked him
some years went by and i lost who i was
i changed so much and realized that i wasn't in love
and i hated myself, and who i'd become
so i broke his heart and was so naive to think we could stay friends

now i know a boy, he's one of my friends
i guess he likes me, and i really like him
but he doesn't want a girlfriend.

so we're acting right now like nothing has happened
and we still hang out and i still see him
i just hope that he doesn't grow distant
because i just at least don't want to lose a friend.

5 Response to rough draft i guess

June 23, 2010 at 2:05 PM

i love this! i'm sorry for the pain these events have cause you, but this is a beautiful set of lyrics with feeling and passion. i don't know if you meant it to be that deep, but i love it.

June 23, 2010 at 4:42 PM

thanks ash, it's stuff i've been thinking a lot about the past couple of months and i figured i had better at least try to write it down so i can get some of it out of my head for a while. i was really hesitant about actually putting it anywhere that it could be read by anyone other than me, so i'm glad that you like it :]

June 23, 2010 at 10:46 PM

I agree, you should publish this.

June 23, 2010 at 10:48 PM

P.S. I like that you talk to me way more now than you did when you were with he who shall remain nameless...and no I don't mean Voldemort...but if I did, it would make you that much cooler.

June 23, 2010 at 11:09 PM

yeah man, me too. i talk to everyone way more now. and yeah.. you can say brendan, he's not gonna read this. i prettymuch just like... i dunno. i really didn't talk to anyone. i never went anywhere or did anything. i didn't hang out with anyone. i felt like.. i couldn't really hang out with anyone.
and thanks also

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 a short history of nearly nothing All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes